Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Irritated at work

Honestly rather busy lately. Have yr end closing, and since i m leaving next thur, i have to complete reports, purchase computer, reformat computer, set-up computer, go to the bank, key invoices, issue cheques and so many stuff.

Was a bit irritated with this service engineer. Honestly he is a repair engineer, who in my opinion doesn't need a good computer, cos all he need to do it prepare quotation for customer. Anyway, due to his slow computer, my boss was quite nice to purchase a new one for him, of course it was under budget constrain, and well, personally i think the cpu for workwise is ok, 2gb ram, e7500 processor, for workwise it should be ok. But this guy keep complaining that he wants a bigger ram and additional monitor.

Honestly for ppl who know computer would know that ram is for opening applications concurrently at a faster pace. Basically the speed at which programme run when you open many application. Honestly, he need to jus prepare quotation so how many programme does he needs to be running concurrently. At most 3. I know the reason y he is complaining, he wants a better work computer so he can open more window and play more games on facebook.

He told me he needs an additional monitor, cos when he compare prices he needs to open 3 application to see. So i asked him is he able to print the price list out and compare, he was like can but waste paper. So he wants to buy a device to use 2 monitor concurrently. Honestly, when i have to input data from p&l to the business plan, i oso jus print it out to input, or else with the whole yr figure and no of figure i would die comparing. And how expensive is paper, and we do recycle paper.

Honestly, he think his father own the company ah?! Super irritated!!!! Honestly don't make me get so mad that i get the colleague at japan to block the facebook site. Then he wouldn't have any games to play, maybe then he can concentrate on his job, repairing scope. A repair engineer who doesn't need to do much paperwork, is telling me he needs a good computer to do paperwork, it is honestly ridiculous. Last resort, i can always ask him to pass all his paperwork to me, i am sure i will be able to do them quickly and accurately, and i wouldn't even need such a good computer.

I really don't want to complain, and totally want to forget these negative stuff, but it totally got on my nerves today... I don't understand y some people are like that, it is true that we should not let ppl take advantage of us, but we also shouldn't take advantage of people, or in this case the company. A person who doesn't complete his work on time, stay and OT, wants the best from the company. You have not contributed even ur minimal requirement to the company and yet you expect the company to treat you well/best. I really hope i don't not become like that. I still want to be hardworking no matter how a company treats me. I still hope to be responsible to the job i do regardless of wat the company gives me. I hope i wouldn't change, cos i seriously hate lazy ppl. But actually it is good to c ppl like that, cos it was constantly remind me never to be like them, i really hope i would nv become like that! I hope this society does not disintegrate my integrity.

1 Comments:

Blogger drown_the_fish said...

huh! my colleages and i also complain but cos the system for quotations is slow. not the comp. heh. enjoy and take care of yourself on the trip! must take pics ok! den show us when u're back:D

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home